Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Performance options for single large (100TB) server backup?

2011-07-06 17:14:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Performance options for single large (100TB) server backup?
From: "Steve Costaras" <stevecs AT chaven DOT com>
To: "Eric Bollengier" <eric.bollengier AT baculasystems DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 21:10:58 +0000

Initial thoughts on this would be one of two ways (or both):

All in the fileset resource:
   As a fileset option something like:
         StreamPerFS
            which would kick off a stream for every FS in the fileset.   More of an 'automated' method to improve performance for those who don't want to manually tune it.

Or something like a new token to indicate what to back up as a new stream.    I.e.
      StreamFile =

            which would act just like "File = " but would kick off a new stream for that location.

This would need to tie into the SD to tell it to also spool direct dump each one seperately just list it does with multiple concurrant jobs.    Likewise tell the FD to spawn off a new thread for each directed (StreamFile) or  dynamic 'StreamPerFS' point).

I don't know how much work that would be in the code?