Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-users Digest, Vol 59, Issue 27

2011-03-31 04:28:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-users Digest, Vol 59, Issue 27
From: Dermot Beirne <dermot.beirne AT dpd DOT ie>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:24:44 +0100
Thanks for the reply John,
Re your response to my question about the MySQL version, the Bacula manual here:

http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Installing_Configuring_MySQ.html#SECTION004260000000000000000

has a statement about upgrading MySql (at the very end of the article)
which says:

"Upgrading MySQL

If you upgrade MySQL, you must reconfigure, rebuild, and re-install
Bacula otherwise you are likely to get bizarre failures. If you
install from rpms and you upgrade MySQL, you must also rebuild Bacula.
You can do so by rebuilding from the source rpm. To do so, you may
need to modify the bacula.spec file to account for the new MySQL
version."

Do you think this is now obsolete, and perhaps only relevant to older
versions of Bacula?

Dermot.