Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Scheduling Question

2011-03-30 20:34:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] Scheduling Question
From: Randy Katz <rkatz AT simplicityhosting DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 17:30:17 -0700
Hi,

Now that I have used Bacula a full cycle (60 days) I have a question:

If backups are done Full (which expires after 60 days).
Then Diff each week and Incre each day where there is no Diff
Then restoring from any given date going back 60 days is not a problem
UNTIL the initial Full is replaced/overwritten. At that point all the
Diffs and Incre
up to the next Full cannot be restored (as far as I can see anyways) and
that makes
logical sense as there is no base to base the selection on. So how would
I retain the initial
Full until the next Full (let's say first Sunday 2 months later) cycles
back so not to
obviate all the Diff/Incre between?

If I am asking the question upside down please correct me. And please
bear with if
the answer is glaringly obvious! I reread this a few times and what I
really want is:

1st of month 1 Full
Diff each Sunday after
Incre each day other then Sunday
1st of month 3 Full
Expire the Initial Full when the 2nd one has no more increments (Diff/Incre)
before it.

Not sure how to translate to the schedule/expire times though.

Thanks in advance,
Randy