Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Keep last full backup

2011-03-28 17:16:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Keep last full backup
From: Michael Heim <michael.heim AT gmx DOT com>
To: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 23:14:03 +0200
Hi James,

perhaps this SQL statement is able to help you a little bit (check it in
bconsole->SQL query please): select jobid from (select
name,jobtdate,count(name) as co from Job where level='F' and
jobstatus='T' and type='B' group by name) as RS where co=1 and
(UNIX_TIMESTAMP(now())-jobtdate)>21600000;

You can create an additional pool for your roadwarrior stuff an run
every day a migration or copy job. The "Selection Type" should be
"SQLQuery" and take the sql statement in the "Selction Pattern"
directive. Also you should adjust the integer value at the end of sql
statement.  The value stands for the seconds to the point in time your
full backups should be considered by the statement. This value should be
near by the retention period, but some days/weeks smaller. Your new
daily running "house keeping" job then will look for all SUCCESSFULLY
executed jobs with only one full backup left. All these jobids then will
be migrated/copied to your destination pool. Your destination pool
should get a much higher retention then your primary pool, so the jobs
will be safe there.

All this is currently not tested by us, so you probably have to take
some adaptions to this. Please keep me informed, if you can use this and
how all fit together exactly.

Regards
Michael