Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.2 - Action On Purge = Truncate not working

2011-03-28 16:37:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.2 - Action On Purge = Truncate not working
From: "Ondrej PLANKA (Ignum profile)" <ondrej.planka AT ignum DOT cz>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 22:34:24 +0200
Dne 28.3.2011 20:23, John Drescher napsal(a):
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Ondrej PLANKA (Ignum profile)
> <ondrej.planka AT ignum DOT cz>  wrote:
>>> The pool must have:
>>>        Recycle = yes
>>>        RecyclePool = some_pool
>>>        ActionOnPurge = Truncate
>>>
>>> However, changing the pool configuration will only affect the creation
>>> of new volumes. Any volumes created before these changes are/were made
>>> to the pool must be updated manually using the update volume=some-volume
>>>
>>> command. You have volumes that seem not to be affected by the
>>> action=Truncate purge command. Most likely, those volumes have one of
>>> the above three settings incorrect.
>> Thanks Josh.
>> You are right, once I set up parameter "Recycle = yes" for given
>> Volume/Volumes (update volume command) it was working, but I can
>> observed that after manual purging of Volume/Volumes (commnad purge
>> volume pool from console) one Volume got automatically status Recycle
>> due to fact that parameter Recycle = yes is set up.
>>
>> This kind of Volume is not consider for truncating (purge volume
>> action=all allpools storage=File) because Volume has status Recycle and
>> not Purged. Therefore file size of this Volume is still same.
>>
>> Any hints?
>>
> Did you try the update commands in bconsole than Josh mentioned?
>
> I believe you need to
>
> update
>
> then select "Pool from resource"
>
> and follow the prompts.
>
> Then
> update
> Volume Paramaters
>
> then select
> "All Volumes from Pool"
> and follow the prompts.
>
> John
Ciao!

John, you are right and agree but the current issue is that once Volume
has parameter "Recycle=yes" and Volume is purged (for example manually
from console - purge volume command) status of this purged Volume is
automatically changed to Recycled and this Volume is not consider for
truncating (truncate from console by command -purge volume action=all
allpools storage=File) because Volume status is Recycled instead of Purge.

Console command -purge volume action=all allpools storage=File is
working only for Volume with status Purge, not Recycle.

This is wrong and issue.

B.rgds, Ondrej.