Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Keep last full backup

2011-03-25 11:00:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] Keep last full backup
From: Michael Hauptfeld <rhododendronbusch AT googlemail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:56:31 +0100
Hello,

I just set up bacula for our network. Backing up the servers works well,
also stationary clients are backed up. (via wakeonlan)

I configured Bacula to use three pools:

Pool {
  Name = "Red"
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 14 days
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 5G
  Volume Use Duration = 7 days
}

Pool {
  Name = "Green"
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 14 days
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 5G
  Volume Use Duration = 7 days
}

Pool {
  Name = "Pink"
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 14 days
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 1.875G
  Volume Use Duration = 14 days
}

The schedule is:

Schedule {
   Name = "Weekly Disk Swapping"
   Run = Level=Full        Pool="Red"    1st fri at 23:05
   Run = Level=Full        Pool="Green"  2nd fri at 23:05
   Run = Level=Full        Pool="Red"    3rd fri at 23:05
   Run = Level=Full        Pool="Green"  4th fri at 23:05
   Run = Level=Full        Pool="Red"    5th fri at 23:05
   Run = Level=Incremental Pool="Pink"   daily at 12:05
}

The problem I have is that there is a roadwarrior. I want bacula to keep
the last full backup of the roadwarrior if bacula cannot reach the
client. Is this possible? If I got it right then the file- and job
retention is overruled by the volume retention, so I don't see a
solution for this problem...

Michael