Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula jobs causing VM server reboot & consequent job fail

2011-03-24 04:52:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula jobs causing VM server reboot & consequent job fail
From: farmershort <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 01:49:28 -0700
Hi All,

I have, what I think, Is a fairly obscure bacula issue.

my bacula-dir server is a CentOS 5.5 server, running as a VM on MS Hyper-V, on
a windows 2008R2 host. I'm managed to successfully backup a number of windows
servers, and I'm happy that all the client-fd stuff is setup correctly.

however, I had scheduled the first big test of this new bacula system a couple
of days ago - and asked it to back up about 350GB from each of 2 servers - at
the same time. Both of these backups should run concurrently, and back up to
the same esata disk.

I managed to get this to happen yesterday, by manually running both jobs from
bconsole, but for some reason, whenever they run from schedule, then cause the
VM to reboot. If you watch it happening, you see the VM go into "saving" mode,
then "saved".... then some minutes later it reboots.

What's also wierd, is that one of the jobs still finishes successfully, but the
other one fails by timing out after just over 2 hours. the timeout errors just
says: fatal error: error reading data from fd.

Does anyone have any ideas where/how to start diagnosing this one?

Thanks

Adam