Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula jobs causing VM server reboot & consequent job fa

2011-03-24 09:52:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula jobs causing VM server reboot & consequent job fa
From: farmershort <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 06:50:18 -0700
Thanks for all the replies folks...

I've tried a few things, and I think I may have found the problem... although
I've onyl had time to kick off 2 scheduled jobs since the fix, so it's not been
tested to destruction...

The bacula server is called 'viper'. viper is a hyper-v VM sitting on the host
'elephant. viper is centos, elephant is 2008R2. one the jobs viper is running
is to back up elephants c: drive. there's also a "run client before job" script
which does a system state backup of elephant, before the c: backup.

I think this system state backup was triggering this "saving" (and rebooting)
of certain vm's. of course it didn't upset the elephant backup job, as it was
waiting for the "run before" task to finish.... sadly, the other job was to
back up another 2008R2 server called 'penguin'. The penguin job didn't do a
system state backup before the main backup, so it just kicks right off into
copying files - at which point - viper goes to sleep for a minute whilst
elephant does the system state backup.

Does this sound logical to everyone? As I say, the last couple of jobs I've
tried seem to be working ok.

Thanks

Adam