Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir.conf client config, networkport

2011-03-17 08:16:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir.conf client config, networkport
From: Geert Stappers <Geert.Stappers AT vanadgroup DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 13:13:01 +0100
Op 20110317 om 10:14 schreef newtobacula:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a few (I am sure rather trivial by your standards) questions
>
> On bacula-dir.conf I have to setup 7 clients. The standard template I am
> using for each is as follows:
>
> # Client to backup
> Client {
>   Name = ClientA-fd  #fully qualified domain name of the client
>   Address = 10.1.1.1               #IP address of the client
>   FDPort = 9102                     #port to listen on - leave default 9102
>   Catalog = MyCatalog               #leave default
>   Password = "blank"          # password for FileDaemon
>   File Retention = 30d            # 30 days
>   Job Retention = 180d            # six months
>   AutoPrune = yes                 # Prune expired Jobs/Files
> }
       <snip/>
> 1- Client {}
> - Does the Port have to be unique per client? I am assuming yes (default is
> 9012)
  - Does the Port have to be unique per client? I am assuming yes (default is
9102)

Nope, no need to make that unique.
It is like a server, such as webservers do listen on port 80.
Keeping all file daemons listening on the default port 9102 is good.

You might need to punch holes in firewalls to allow access
to the bacula file daemon port.

Cheers
Geert Stappers
sysadmin