Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] File Storage for Windows and Linux

2011-03-16 14:30:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] File Storage for Windows and Linux
From: Mike Hendrie <mike AT hendrienet DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 13:27:20 -0500
I did replace all of the localhosts and 127.0.0.1 locations with the DNS'd server name.

Mike

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 12:53 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
2011/3/16 Mike Hendrie <mike AT hendrienet DOT com>:
> I will check that.
>
> I was using the commented out default client in the bacula-dir.conf, but
> updated the content with the new windows computer name. Then on the windows
> computer, I updated the director username and password, and the monitor
> username and password.
>
> I will take a closer look at the file.

When you setup your storage did you replace 127.0.0.1 or localhost
with the external ip address. Some overly protective distributions
deliver default configurations that make bacula only work on the
bacula server itself since the any machine outside the bacula server
can not make connections to the server via 127.0.0.1..

John