Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Quick Backup Test

2010-11-15 14:03:22
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula Quick Backup Test
From: qwerty20 <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:27:17 -0500
Hi Guys,

I would like to perform a quick backup test on my bacula server to check if it
works.
On bconsole, I run the a job, then checked it with "list jobs". The job status
is R.
Then it showed the message:
06-Nov 23:47 ubuntu-dir JobId 12: No prior Full backup Job record found.
06-Nov 23:47 ubuntu-dir JobId 12: No prior or suitable Full backup found in
catalog. Doing FULL backup.

But when I checked the backup directory, the volume didnt increase. On
bconsole, doing the list volume command showed that Last Written is 0000-00-00
00:00:00.
What is the problem? Also is there a quick way to check that backup works?
instead of waiting for the job to run? because sometimes I adjust the system
date for the job to run.

Thanks