Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] possible bug in bacula-sd, relating to Type=Files and autochanger

2010-11-15 19:59:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] possible bug in bacula-sd, relating to Type=Files and autochanger
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Philip Brown <phil AT opencsw DOT org>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:55:51 -0500
On 11/15/2010 12:38 PM, Philip Brown wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Dan Langille<dan AT langille DOT org>  wrote:
>>
>> The project needs more people.  Can you help?  It is things like this for
>> which patches are required.  :)
>>

> I'd be willing to help... the problem is, I dont feel that I
> sufficiently understand the subject to write an update.
> Sometimes, documenting things "that work", when they work for bad
> reasons, is worse than no documentation.

Thing is, the doc project needs someone to take charge and then
coordinate items.  e.g. establish what needs to be done, then hand out
the tasks.

> Better they would be written by, for example, the person that put that
> working snippet into the regression testing tree?

In short, definitely not.  :)

In general people are bad at knowing what they didn't know.  They only
know what they know now. So, it's better for someone who doesn't know
how something works to write about it. Any gaps in knowledge can be
obtained by asking.  Or by trying.

And again, you don't have to be doing the writing.  People will take up
the tasks. They just need someone to tell them what needs doing.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/