Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Advise about restoring with ACL

2010-11-15 07:42:23
Subject: [Bacula-users] Advise about restoring with ACL
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:39:07 +0100
Hi All,

I will have to migrate one data server ( mainly samba data ) to a new one.
The old has lot's of acl, and a userid range between 200000 and 300000

For the new server, customers ask to minimize uid/gid and reaffect them.
Ok we have the translating table, and pair of script to do that.

Now I've just make a test to restore de data backuped by bacula (1.38.11) on
the old server.
Actually I've not yet set new userid/gid. and I finish with 3billions acl error
( normal ).

My question is the followin, did the acl code in bacula use firstly the text
representation of a uid
( like admin (uid 10000) ) and if failed use it's numerical id ?

Actual state
older file
user1:production 100Mb test.backup
restored file
201113:101000 100Mb test.backup

What would happen if now I create the new user
user1 (uid 1001)
production (1001)

would I get the file restore with the new uid/gid or not ?

user1:production 100Mb test.backup
1001:1001 100Mb test.backup

if not what would be your advise ? dumping with getfacl (with non numerical)
and restore them after ?

--

Bruno Friedmann (irc:tigerfoot)
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch