Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Disabled Jobs Question

2010-10-07 14:43:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Disabled Jobs Question
From: Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
To: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 14:41:36 -0400
I think at one point Bacula did complain. Thanks for answering my question though. I think in order to disable the job from being run, I'll have to make the scripts that call bconsole commands read-only instead of executable.

-Shon

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net> wrote:
On 10/07/10 04:10, Ralf Gross wrote:
> Phil Stracchino schrieb:
>> On 10/06/10 14:35, Mingus Dew wrote:
>>> John,
>>>      I think I had to create a bogus schedule, that bacula wouldn't
>>> accept the job config without a schedule. I think I'll disable the job
>>> in bconsole and try to start it remotely. Just see what happens...
>>
>> Mingus, this is why I always create an empty schedule named "NEVER".  To
>> disable automatic run of any job, long-term, without deleting the Job, I
>> then simply set its Schedule to NEVER.
>
> bacula doesn't complain if the job resource has no schedule.

No, it doesn't.  But if you have a Schedule directive in the relevant
JobDefs resource, and you want to disable scheduling of a job based on
that JobDefs, then you need a null Schedule to override it with.

--
 Phil Stracchino, CDK#2     DoD#299792458     ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
 alaric AT caerllewys DOT net   alaric AT metrocast DOT net   phil AT co.ordinate DOT org