Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Disabled Jobs Question

2010-10-06 14:33:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Disabled Jobs Question
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 14:30:32 -0400
2010/10/6 Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>:
> I am running Bacula 5.0.1 and have a question about Disabled Jobs.
>
> I have some jobs configured that do not have an active schedule (i.e.,
> bacula never automatically queues or runs them)
> Instead, these jobs are run by a remote user that logs into the backup
> server and runs a script to run the configured job on demand.
>
> If I disable these jobs via console, will this prevent them from being run
> by bconsole?

I believe disabling jobs via bconsole just temporarily disables any
schedule for that job until you restart the director in which case the
job returns to its normal schedule. Well that is how it has worked for
me. I have been trying to kill a job for months, I keep doing it in
bconsole only to forget to change the schedule only to have the job
come back after I restart the director.. I know its easy to edit the
file. I did not actually think about this or I would have solved it a
long time ago with exactly what you did. I mean get rid of the
schedule. Or was the problem I used the default job as a base. I am
babbling sorry, too much coffee . end here.

John