Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Using HP Storageworks 1/8 G2 with Bacula

2010-06-18 14:44:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Using HP Storageworks 1/8 G2 with Bacula
From: Alex Chekholko <chekh AT genomics.upenn DOT edu>
To: dbareiro AT gmx DOT net
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:42:27 -0400
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 22:36:47 -0300
Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas AT gmx DOT net> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm doing tests with a brand new HP Storageworks 1/8 G2 I plan to use
> with Bacula on Debian GNU/Linux Lenny.
>
> The tape autoloader is connected to a PC through an HP Smart Array P212
> card. It is HP's entry level PCI Express Serial Attached SCSI RAID
> controller.

For Dell/IBM, you really can't use a RAID controller to access tape.
You have to buy a plain SAS controller. However, that may not be the
case for your HP hardware.

When you go into the RAID card's BIOS interface at boot, does it detect
all of devices you have physically connected to it?

--
Alex Chekholko   chekh AT genomics.upenn DOT edu