Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Using HP Storageworks 1/8 G2 with Bacula

2010-06-12 07:16:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Using HP Storageworks 1/8 G2 with Bacula
From: francisco javier funes nieto <esencia AT gmail DOT com>
To: dbareiro AT gmx DOT net
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:11:37 +0200
Hi Daniel,

You could use the Debian Lenny Un-official net-install from Kmuto [1]
which uses an newer kernel. It saves my ass sometimes with hardware
recently buyed.

[1].http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/

Javier.

2010/6/12 Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas AT gmx DOT net>:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm doing tests with a brand new HP Storageworks 1/8 G2 I plan to use
> with Bacula on Debian GNU/Linux Lenny.
>
> The tape autoloader is connected to a PC through an HP Smart Array P212
> card. It is HP's entry level PCI Express Serial Attached SCSI RAID
> controller.
>
> In these initial tests I intend to make the autoloader and the drive to
> recognize commands sent using mtx and mt, respectively.
>
> However, in the operating system I'm only seeing the tape drive, but not
> the autochanger:
>

> backup:~# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
> Attached devices:
> Host: scsi3 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
>  Vendor: ATA      Model: ST3160211AS      Rev: 3.AA
>  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI  SCSI revision: 05
>

> But I'm not seeing a /dev/st0 or /dev/nst0 device.
>
> When I was installing Debian, the installer found a device /dev/cciss in
> which the storage volume could not be determined. By canceling this, the
> installation continued normally installing the OS on a SATA disk.
>
> After it has finished installing the operating system and booted it, I
> noticed the following error message in the front panel display:
>

> ERR: 0:8D 14 00 (Related to the message "mechanical block")
>

> I've seen in other previous installation with a internal HP RAID
> controller the same type of message (unable to recognize the volume of
> the storage device) because of not being created any locagicaldrive, so
> maybe the problem was observed for the installation of Debian is due to
> a lack of controller settings, although I'm not sure what that should be
> configured on the controller to work with an autoloader (regardless of
> whether the installation of Debian is not made in a cciss device).
>
> The inability to detect the autochanger, the error shown in the display,
> and the fact could not find a device for the tape drive may be due to a
> lack of configuration of the SAS RAID controller?
>
> Thanks in advance for your reply.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
> --
> Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37
> Powered by Debian GNU/Linux Lenny - Linux user #188.598

Francisco Javier Funes Nieto [esencia AT gmail DOT com]
CANONIGOS
Servicios Informáticos para PYMES.
Cl. Cruz 2, 1º Oficina 7
Tlf: 958.536759 / 661134556