Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Unable to cancel job.

2010-06-12 05:41:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] Unable to cancel job.
From: "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:38:54 +0200
I have a major problem with laptops where the lid has been closed and the box
has hibernated. If that happens in the midst of a back-up of the laptop the
back-up process stops and it is impossible to cancel the back-up job and
furthermore subsequent scheduled jobs will not run. Only way I have found to
remedy the situation is to log of and on. But the the subsequent scheduled jobs
will not run because the schedule time is long passed. When I later start up
the
back-up sequence again the back-up volume is flagged in error making all
previous back-up to that volume invalid.

I have two questions to this situation:

1. Is there a way to orderly cancel such jobs?

2. Can a volume which is flagged in error be repaired such that other back-ups
on the volume can be restored?

The laptop in question runs Windows Vista, the Bacula version is 3.0.3 and runs
on fedora 12.

--
Erik.