Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Quantum Superloader 3

2010-06-09 15:12:35
Subject: [Bacula-users] Quantum Superloader 3
From: bwellsnc <bwellsnc AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 15:02:38 -0400
OS: CentOS 5.5
Bacula Version: 5.0.2

Hello.  I am able to write data to my quantum superloader 3 only by basically moving the tape manually and disabling the autochanger.  Here is the situation.  This unit has an 8 tape magazine.  I have a tape in SLOT 1.  When I attempt to run a backup job to tape, I receive the below error:

3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result: nothing loaded.
09-Jun 14:38 servername-sd JobId 496: 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.
*messages
09-Jun 14:38 servername-sd JobId 496: 3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result: nothing loaded.

It repeats several times, then states I have to load a tape manually that matches the label it’s looking for.  The tape is labeled and has been written to.  I know this because I disabled the autochanger function and made it a straight tape drive for testing.   I have gone through everything concerning this unit in the mailing list.  Everyone says it works, but I am unable to get it to work with the autochanger.  Also, I noticed that when it starts a backup if I have a tape in the drive, it takes the tape out and cannot find the tape.  I then get the error above.

I want to backup to the tape until it is full.  This is for a one time backup I perform weekly.  I just want to append to the tape until I need to send the tape offsite at the beginning of the month.  Then I will start with a fresh tape.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Brent