Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Virtual Full backups

2010-06-09 04:27:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] Virtual Full backups
From: Alexander Pyhalov <alp AT sfedu DOT ru>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 12:05:34 +0400
Hello.
I have some questions about Virtual Full backups. As I understood, VF
backups should use separate volume pool. We are going to use bacula for
making backups of a lot of data (>2 TB, about 10 servers). In this
circumstances I'd like to avoid making Full backup. I'd like to make one
initial Full backup and after only Incremental and Virtual Full.
But how can I achieve this? Virtual Full use separate pool and as far as
I know we can't use one pool for reading one VF backup and writing other
one. So I assume I must make VF and before making next VF backup the old
one should be moved to other pool (on separate storage).
What is the best way to do it? We use file storage. Should I modify my
Job to run after job script which moves VF volume to other pool? But how
will I recognize that it is VF backup and not incremental backup for the
same job?

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,