Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula using volume for each job every night

2010-05-27 10:39:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula using volume for each job every night
From: Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 07:37:11 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Wed, 5/26/10, Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net> wrote:

> The volumes look fine.  If it still uses multiple
> volumes, I don't think
> it's a media problem.

Ok, last night worked great.  Thanks for the help!

I'm curious about something though.  Here's the report from last night via bat:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5672/20100527report.png

As you can see, the bacula server started at 1:05GMT, just like it should.  It
didn't take very long since it's the backup server itself.
Tycho started shortly thereafter, and took 7 hours to run (not bad for 100M
link).
The remaining systems started and finished one after another  (except for
goliath, which was down).

Is there a way to have bacula connect to multiple clients being backed up
concurrently, and "spool/store" the backed up data to a holding spot on the
bacula server?  This way, all the clients would get backed up quicker as a
whole.  Then after everything is spooled/stored, and/or the backup file/media
is free, the bacula server could write the spooled/stored data to media.

I thought this is what the "Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20" setting might also do.