Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] resurrecting an FC11 install - cannot connect to postgresql

2010-05-27 10:41:33
Subject: [Bacula-users] resurrecting an FC11 install - cannot connect to postgresql
From: Gary Stainburn <gary AT ringways.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 14:56:19 +0100
Hi folks.

I've had a main server die (2 HDD's out of a RAID5 - would you believe it)

I've manually rebuilt it and all looked fine until I tried to start the
director. It then fails to connect to the database - which I again rebuilt
manually.

I can connect manually thus:

[root@lou ~]# psql -d bacula -U bacula
Password for user bacula:
Welcome to psql 8.3.11, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit

bacula=> \q
[root@lou ~]# psql -d bacula -U bacula -h 127.0.0.1
Password for user bacula:
Welcome to psql 8.3.11, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit

bacula=>

but when I start bacula-dir I get the message below in /var/lib/bacula/log

The Catalog definition is:

Catalog {
  Name = MyCatalog
  DB Address = '127.0.0.1'; dbname = bacula; user = bacula; password = "*****"
}

27-May 14:30 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open
Catalog "MyCatalog", database "bacula".
27-May 14:30 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: postgresql.c:202 Unable to
connect to PostgreSQL server.
Database=bacula User=bacula
It is probably not running or your password is incorrect.
27-May 14:30 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
Please correct configuration file: /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf

The RPM's I'm working with are:

bacula-common-2.4.4-6.fc11.i586
bacula-console-bat-2.4.4-6.fc11.i586
bacula-director-common-2.4.4-6.fc11.i586
bacula-storage-postgresql-2.4.4-6.fc11.i586
bacula-client-2.4.4-6.fc11.i586
bacula-director-postgresql-2.4.4-6.fc11.i586
bacula-sysconfdir-2.4.4-6.fc11.i586
bacula-storage-common-2.4.4-6.fc11.i586
postgresql-8.3.11-1.fc11.i586
postgresql-server-8.3.11-1.fc11.i586
postgresql-libs-8.3.11-1.fc11.i586
postgresql-test-8.3.11-1.fc11.i586

Anyone got any ideas what I need to do to fix this please?

Gary
--
Gary Stainburn