Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula using volume for each job every night

2010-05-25 11:46:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula using volume for each job every night
From: Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 08:44:41 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Tue, 5/25/10, Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net> wrote:

> From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
> Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula using volume for each job every night
> To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
> Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 9:16 AM
> On 05/25/10 11:06, Joseph Spenner
> wrote:
> > I currently have 5 clients.
> >
> > In my bacula-sd.conf, I have:
> > Storage {
> >   Name = bacula-va-sd
> >   SDPort = 9103
> >   WorkingDirectory =
> "/opt/bacula/bin/working"
> >   Pid Directory =
> "/opt/bacula/bin/working"
> >   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
> > }
> >
> > Device {
> >   Name = FileStorage
> >   Media Type = File
> >   Archive Device = /opt/bacula/volumes
> >   LabelMedia = yes;
> >   Random Access = Yes;
> >   AutomaticMount = yes;
> >   RemovableMedia = no;
> >   AlwaysOpen = no;
> > }
>
> I notice you have no Maximum Concurrent Jobs setting on the
> Device.

The "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" is not inherited from the entry in bacula-sd.conf
?  I can add that if needed.

Also, to answer your question about the "delete all your existing volumes, or
update them all from the Pool", I'm not sure what I did with the volumes to
make them work.  Do I need to delete all the volumes and re-create them?  Drop
the mysql and recreate the database?  This is all still in development/test at
this time, so I can reset anything.  Or if there's a simple way to clean it all
up in bat/bconsole, I'm interested.