Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula using volume for each job every night

2010-05-25 10:52:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula using volume for each job every night
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 10:49:54 -0400
On 05/25/10 10:37, Joseph Spenner wrote:
> The last few nights, bacula is using multiple volumes again.  I had this
> problem once before and thought I fixed it.  But apparently not.  Here are my
> settings:
>
> # Default pool definition
> Pool {
>   Name = Default
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Recycle = yes
>   AutoPrune = yes
>   Job Retention = 20 days
>   Volume Retention = 20 days
> }
>
> # File Pool definition
> Pool {
>   Name = File
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Recycle = yes
>   AutoPrune = yes
>   Job Retention = 20 days
>   Volume Retention = 20 days
>   Volume Use Duration = 23h
>   Maximum Volume Bytes = 1330G
>   Maximum Volumes = 21
> }
>
> I have several client definitions such as:
>
> JobDefs {
>   Name = "TychoJob"
>   Type = Backup
>   Level = Incremental
>   FileSet = "Full Set"
>   Schedule = "WeeklyCycleTuesday"
>   Storage = File
>   Messages = Standard
>   Pool = File
>   Priority = 10
>   Write Bootstrap = "/opt/bacula/bin/working/%c.bsr"
> }
>

> Client {
>   Name = tycho-fd
>   Address = tycho
>   FDPort = 9102
>   Catalog = MyCatalog
>   Password = "sensoredPassword"
>   AutoPrune = yes
> }
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleTuesday"
>   Run = Level=Full tue at 1:05
>   Run = Incremental wed-mon at 1:05
> }
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

This may be a silly question, but ... how much data is being backed up
each night?

How many clients do you have and what are your various concurrency
settings?  In particular, does every storage device have a concurrency
setting greater than the number of clients?

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.