Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Idea/suggestion for dedicated disk-based sd

2010-05-25 10:17:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Idea/suggestion for dedicated disk-based sd
From: Anatoly Pugachev <mator AT team.co DOT ru>
To: Morty Abzug <morty AT frakir DOT org>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 17:13:36 +0400
On 04.05.2010 / 13:33:12 -0400, Morty Abzug wrote:
> However, format/architectural issues are indeed harder to overcome.
> There are a number of limitations I have encountered with bacula, and
> it looks like at least some of them might be fundamental to bacula's
> architecture.  My list:
>
> (12) bconsole should support an option for execute-one-command (i.e. -e)

how it is different from:

echo list jobs | bconsole

but I've tried to implement "-e " command line switch, it takes about 30
lines of code actually...

> (13) bconsole should support an option for batch mode (i.e. -b)

actually bconsole is always reading .bconsolerc file and you can put
commands in it, but it's not a proper usage for a "batch mode". Writting a
patch for batch mode should be no harder than my implementaion of "-e"
command line. If anyone interested for a patch code review, I can push it
to a SF git repository.