Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] continuous access backup with bacula

2010-05-14 05:47:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] continuous access backup with bacula
From: "Giovanni S." <rarefatto AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 02:44:46 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,
i'm designing a backup continuous access strategy with bacula and i need a
help.
I have two bacula server with bacula-dir and bacula-sd, i want do the backup
on two tape libraries with

autochangers and 48 tapes of 800 GB in each tape library; each bacula-sd can
see both the tape libraries.
My requirements are:
a) i need to backup the same jobs in both the tape libraries
b) when the primary bacula server and the primary tape library are down, i
need to execute restore using the other bacula server and the other tape
library
c) if a tape of a tape library is corrupt, i change the corrupted tape with
a new tape and i need to restore the

original contents of the tape using the tape with the same data contained in
the other tape library

I have seen that there are two solution to copy jobs between tapes:

1) Using "copy job"
2) Using bcopy and bscan

If I use "copy job", I don't know how reach the requirement b and c(because
i'm not sure that the contents of the tapes are the same)
If I use "bcopy and bscan", i don't know how implent this solution, i can't
copy 48 tape of a tape library to the other tape library each day

Can you suggest me some solutions?
Thanks