Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows 2008/2008r2 Server backup

2010-05-10 13:54:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows 2008/2008r2 Server backup
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 10:51:33 -0700
There is no such thing as "system state backup" any more in Windows 2008. It's
always the whole C: drive. I'm not sure how well bacula handles it in the end.
There also is the issue that Windows 2008 relies heavily on junction points,
which bacula doesn't handle well.

I'm using Windows backup to an iSCSI drive, and then use bacula to back up a
snapshot of that iSCSI volume.