Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] BAT question regarding Volume Usage

2010-05-06 12:00:44
Subject: [Bacula-users] BAT question regarding Volume Usage
From: Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 08:58:25 -0700 (PDT)
I'm currently using bacula with file as media (no tape).
Things appear to be working great, but in BAT when I view the media I see the
Volume Usage of one of my files/volumes at 583.92% (a mouseover of the usage
bars in the "Vol Usage" column).  My current file/media layout should be 18
volumes of 1.4TB each.  In my bacula-dir.conf I have:

Pool {
  Name = File
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Job Retention = 17 days
  Volume Retention = 17 days
  Volume Use Duration = 2h  # for testing, so I can run it often
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 1400G
  Maximum Volumes = 18
}

I have some volumes with only 74M used (Catalog backup).  On these volumes, BAT
lists them as 4.2% full.  So, bacula thinks these volumes will be 100% full at
1.761G.

Is there some other setting I should be using?  I found reference to a "Maximum
File Size", but if I try to use it in the above Pool section or in the "Device"
section I get an error:

===
# bacula-dir -t
06-May 15:26 bacula-dir: ERROR TERMINATION at parse_conf.c:971
Config error: Keyword "MaximumFileSize" not permitted in this resource.
Perhaps you left the trailing brace off of the previous resource.
            : line 172, col 20 of file /opt/bacula/bin/bacula-dir.conf
  Maximum File Size = 1400G
===

But, if bacula really did think this file/resource was maxed out, wouldn't it
have rolled to the next file/resource?