Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Installing with RPMs

2010-05-04 14:26:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Installing with RPMs
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 11:23:31 -0700

You can simply run "rpm -ql <package name>" to get a list of all the included
files. For the OpenSuSE 11.2 package bacula-mysql (I assume that's what you are
using), you'll find the scripts in /usr/lib64/bacula .

> Also, when I try to run 'bat' or 'bconsole', it appears to be trying to
> connect to the "Director" on port 9101, but this process isn't running
> and there is no tcp/9101 available.

Without a working database, that's not surprising.

Also, try running "/usr/sbin/bacula-dir -t" before actually starting the
daemon. That will tell you if there is anything wrong with your configuration
(no output is a good thing here - it simply silently returns if your config
file is correct).