Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] backing up shared storage?

2010-05-05 08:39:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] backing up shared storage?
From: Jakov Sosic <jakov.sosic AT srce DOT hr>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 14:16:13 +0200
Hi.

I have a cluster with shared storage which is mounted only on one node
at a time. Other node's don't have that partition mounted. I wonder,
what is a way to backup a shared partition?

If I only include partition in filesets of all cluster nodes, that when
storage is mounted on another node, incrementall will become full
because in backup of that node, there aren't any files from those
partition, because that partition was not mounted before... And I want
to avoid that and possibly have only one backup job/location for those
files.

One idea is to have a separate bacula-fd running as a cluster service,
which will be started within the resource that mounts a partition. Any
more ideas, where bacula-fd does not need to be included as cluster
service, but as a node service?

--
|    Jakov Sosic    |    ICQ: 28410271    |   PGP: 0x965CAE2D   |