Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backing up shared storage?

2010-05-05 18:13:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backing up shared storage?
From: Jakov Sosic <jakov.sosic AT srce DOT hr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 00:10:48 +0200
On 05/05/2010 04:13 PM, Josh Fisher wrote:

> I think it will have to be a cluster service. The FD has to be available
> at the same IP, same client name, etc., else how will Bacula know it is
> the same FD?

I don't know - because I have some experience with backing up shared
storage with Tivoli TSM backup software. With TSM, you can create
another backup account, with different credentials. Then, you could have
a check that starts the client only if the FS is mounted, ad client upon
startup contacts central server and registers. Offcourse TSM has
different design as you can see from the example, but nonetheless I just
wanted some more opinions on possible solutions, and Bacula
possibilities in this case.

As it seems for now, I'll be setting up few more file daemons :)

--
|    Jakov Sosic    |    ICQ: 28410271    |   PGP: 0x965CAE2D   |