Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] iSCSI and Windows Server Backup

2010-05-05 02:14:10
Subject: [Bacula-users] iSCSI and Windows Server Backup
From: Craig Ringer <craig AT postnewspapers.com DOT au>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 14:11:31 +0800
Hi folks

I've recently been saddled with a win2k8 server, and am trying to figure
out how to make it play with my backup infrastructure.

Currently I've got it doing scheduled backups via Windows Server Backup
to an iSCSI volume exported by my backup server. In case the setup is of
interest to anyone it's written up here:

http://soapyfrogs.blogspot.com/2010/05/using-iet-iscsi-enterprise-target-for.html

However ... I'd really like a way to integrate this into Bacula, though,
at least in terms of monitoring and alerts. I'm backing up user-visible
shares on the server with Bacula separately to the Windows image
backups, but would prefer to avoid the duplication. As there must be
people with 2k8 servers here, I thought I'd check in and see how others
are doing it.

Ideas? Suggestions?

--
Craig Ringer