Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Warning about setting File/Job Retentions in Pool resource!

2010-04-27 04:11:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Warning about setting File/Job Retentions in Pool resource!
From: Vlad23 <mag23 AT mail DOT ru>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 01:08:12 -0700 (PDT)
Thank you for reply.
What retentions are for my task?
Can Bacula give me this not so difficult functionality?
Situation is next:
1) Bacula can't set Job and Files Retentions for Job resource - only for
Pool and Client resources.
2) I can't define Job and Files Retentions in Client Resource, because I
have 1 Client, that backups on some Pools with different Volume Retention
(It will purge all jobs for all pools - I describe this problem in main
question)
3) We found out that I can't define Job and Files Retentions in Pool
Resource, because it applied to jobs in other Pools too.

Volume, Jobs, and Files retention must be defined only for one Pool and
don't applied to other pools.
Or Jobs and File Retention can be not defined anywhere, but then bacula do
volume purging for pool, bacula must do job and file retention for this
pool. I don't uderstand: If bacula did volume retention - what reason to
keep records about jobs and files from this volume in catalog ....