Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.1, CentOS5.4 and BAT...not working

2010-04-27 02:17:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.1, CentOS5.4 and BAT...not working
From: Craig Ringer <craig AT postnewspapers.com DOT au>
To: MoreDakka <jhenry AT 3cis DOT biz>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:08:20 +0800
MoreDakka wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> However I'm somewhat of a newb to linux (only working with it for a couple
> years) and building RPMs a beyond me.

If that's the case I'd recommend sticking with existing packages
availible in your distro's repository. Anything else is asking for pain
if you're not handy with the tools.

I'd say "give it a try, you can only learn" ... but no, not with backup
software. You don't want that to be experimental.

If you really want to build your own, read the configure output to see
what's missing and install appropriate development packages to provide
the missing dependencies.

--
Craig Ringer

Tech-related writing: http://soapyfrogs.blogspot.com/