Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula won't backup files with apostrophes

2010-04-13 19:03:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula won't backup files with apostrophes
From: Craig Ringer <craig AT postnewspapers.com DOT au>
To: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 07:00:12 +0800
On 13/04/10 20:54, James Harper wrote:

> The OP seems to be using an actual Windows server so this may not be
> relevant, but there are stacks of SMB appliances (that may run Windows
> or not) that are closed wrt putting additional software on them, and the
> only way to get the data on or off is via SMB.

Most of them don't run Windows and don't have Windows' limits about
opening a file multiple times, though, so you can at least still back up
open files.

You don't get any guarantee of consistent copies, but then you don't get
that with Bacula on a unix or Mac system either due to the lack of a VSS
equivalent. (I know, you can take a full file system snapshot and mount
it as I do for my mail spool backups, but .... clumsy?!?)

--
Craig Ringer