Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problems getting restore to work

2010-04-13 04:36:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problems getting restore to work
From: Craig Ringer <craig AT postnewspapers.com DOT au>
To: Jerry Lowry <jlowry AT edt DOT com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:33:57 +0800
On 13/04/10 05:15, Jerry Lowry wrote:
> Hi,  I am still tweaking a new installation of bacula 5.0.1 on Centos
> 5.4.  The backups work fine but I am trying to get the restore to work
> and I keep getting the following errors:
>
> Volume "hardware-0014" tofile:block  7:2933114700.
> 10-Apr 12:51 swift-fd JobId 118: Error: restore.c:1133 Write error on
> /backup0/bacula-restores/home/hardware/pdf/altera/quartus/81_linux/81_nios2eds_linux.tar:
>  No space left on device
>
> The volume is a disk drive and I am trying to restore it to a dedicated
> restore directory on a different disk. I have checked the config files
> with an old set that I was running under 1.38 and it look very similar(
> ie names of pools and disks were changed).

"No space left on device" can also mean with some file systems "this
file is bigger than the maximum file size permitted by this file system".

Is 81_nios2eds_linux.tar bigger than 2GB? What file system is being
restored onto?

Are you *SURE* that /backup0/bacula-restores has the free space required
(according to "df -h /backup0/bacula-restores" )?

Are you restoring to the right client?

--
Craig Ringer