Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula TUI?

2010-03-19 11:59:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula TUI?
From: Moray Henderson <Moray.Henderson AT ict-software DOT org>
To: "'Silver Salonen'" <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:57:00 +0000
Josh Fisher wrote:
>> Have you looked at Webmin (www.webmin.com)?  Different approach,
using a
>> web interface, but is otherwise similar to what you describe, It
allows
>> configuring Bacula from a remote workstation with a browser, so
doesn't
>> require X on the server.
>
>Does it really makes it possible to alter configuration files? Because
>that's
>what they're aiming for, no?

I have looked at webmin, which can manage the configuration files -
mostly.  It needs an update, though - there are a few options it handles
slightly differently from the way Bacula does :-)

We have Linux servers in offices with no real technical staff, therefore
we need to provide something as simple as possible for the people who
are there.  Even the webmin interface is too complex for our needs.

Moray.
"To err is human.  To purr, feline"