Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir not working

2010-03-13 14:51:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir not working
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 20:47:59 +0100
It just say what it is : already running
a cat of /var/run/bacula-dir.9101.pid
should normally give you the pid process. (19523)

a ps aux | grep 19523, the pid obtained would show you a bacula-dir running.

so first try to stop it kindly /etc/init.d/bacula-ctl-dir stop
if it doesn't want try a kill -9 19523

Double check it has disappear from ps aux (otherwise you can face a zombie and
need to restart the server ! Uh...)
Also the pid file should have gone, or rm it

Some infos : Os, package or own compilation ?

On 03/12/2010 12:43 PM, Rodrigo Fernandes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My bacula-dir cannot start using the script /etc/init.d/bacula-ctl-dir, and
> looking the bacula log I have this:
>
> 12-Mar 08:11 bacula-dir: ERROR TERMINATION at bsys.c:494
> bacula-dir is already running. pid=
> Check file /var/run/bacula-dir.9101.pid
>

> I try to move the /var/run/bacula-dir.9101.pid to another folder but not
> working too.
>
> The bacula-sd and bacula-fd working fine.
>
> I'm using bacula 2.4.4-1
>

> Someone on the list could help me?
>

> Thanks a lot,
>
> Rodrigo Fernandes

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl
  2830 Vellerat - Switzerland

  Tél : ++41 32 435 7171
  Fax : ++41 32 435 7172
  gsm : ++41 78 802 6760
  www.ioda-net.ch

 Centre de Formation et de Coaching En Ligne
 www.cfcel.com