Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir not working

2010-03-13 21:24:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir not working
From: Rodrigo Fernandes <rodrigoefer AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 23:20:54 -0300
Thanks for the reply. I´m found the problem. There was a blocked query on the database "update pool ..." due to a problem with bacula-dir. After performing a restart on baculaa-dir the database was "locked" preventing the bacula-dir to access the database.

By the way, I wonder if someone on the list have knowledge about how to climb the bacula to backup over 200 servers?  It´s is possible?

Currently, my "Max Concurrent Jobs" on Bacula-dir, bacula-fd and bacula-sd is equal to 60 (Bacula-dir, bacula-fd and bacula-sd is running on the same server).

I have 50 servers that run the full backup over the weekend (due to the large volume of data) and servers with smaller volume of data run the full backup during the week. The problem is that due to the large number of servers the incremental backup ends up creating problems during the weekend, causing backups Fulls the servers are canceled due to problems with bacula-dir (because of the variable max concurrent jobs of the file bacula-dir exceeded the 60 jobs). I tried to resolve the problem by reducing the number of "Max Concurrent Jobs" in bacula-sd to 10, it is the number of servers allocated to each storage, but the number of jobs continues to exceed the variable Max Concurrent on file bacula-dir and the problem continues.

The question is, I believe that you cannot exceed more than 60 jobs in the variable "max concurrent jobs" because the network will be an obstacle to it on the hardware side.

I thought to include more network cards, making the bacula-sd respond on port 9104, but I'll keep bumping the bacula-dir limits.

Can anybody have some idea about how to resolve this issue?

My backup server has the bacula version 2.4.4-1 installed via tar.gz in a Red Hat Enterprise Server 5.4 x86_64

I appreciate any help right now and I apologize for the long text.

Rodrigo Fernandes