Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Exchange 2010 plugin backup failure

2010-03-12 07:03:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Exchange 2010 plugin backup failure
From: Giuseppe De Nicolo' <g.denicolo AT itdep.oapointroma DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:45:44 +0100
On 03/10/2010 05:27 PM, Angus Jordan wrote:
Hi James,

Can you try making the registry changes documented in this link

http://forum.ultrabac.com/showthread.php?p=607
or
http://www.asigraforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3347

I will give these a try tonight, but I'm fairly certain that these
only apply to Exchange 2007.

This client is running Exchange 2010 and, according to the Microsoft
links I put in my original post, Microsoft has removed this "legacy"
backup functionality from their 2010 product and replaced it with a
supposedly "more robust" backup system.

In any case, I will try the registry changes and let you know what
happens later this evening.

Hi, I m also interested since I recently migrated to Exchange 2010 , and was looking to move my bacula schedule to the new server thought from :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd877010.aspx

The following Exchange 2007 technologies and features are no longer available or supported in Exchange 2010:

  • Streaming database backup and restore.
  • Storage Groups. Each Exchange store database is managed separately in Exchange 2010.
  • The Exchange Recovery Storage Group. This has been replaced by the Exchange Recovery database.
  • Single-Copy Clusters (SCC).
  • Local Continuous Replication (LCR).
Really lots of change to take care of that was removed even from Exchange 2007 I dubt that a registry hack will do it