Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] No Job status returned from FD

2010-03-09 03:00:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] No Job status returned from FD
From: "Botha, Jacques (FNB)" <JacquesB AT fnb.co DOT za>
To: "bacula-users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 09:58:08 +0200
Hi Bill

> Hi Jacques
>
> This is your problem:
>
>> 08-Mar 12:07 Bacula_Director JobId 15073: Max Volume jobs exceeded.
>> Marking Volume "s1-callcentre-01.fnbconnect.co.za-full-1260" as Used.
>
> That causes the job to be cancelled...

I beg to disagree... this gets logged because I have:

Maximum Volume Jobs = 1

in the Pool resource. This causes bacula to only use/create one backup file per
job. If the file has not yet expired so that it can be reused, bacula creates a
new file, and marks it used immediately.

The file in this instance had 11296114276 bytes (11G, according to the file
system) written to it before the job failed.

I can also list all the files on the volume with 'bls', and it reports at the
end of it "5415 files found."

If you look at the log, the SD also reports "SD Bytes Written: 11,286,402,033
(11.28 GB)", but the FD reports, "FD Bytes Written: 0 (0 B)."

Anybody got some bright ideas ?

--
Jacques Botha
(+27-83-424-0683)

To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following
address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

firstrandbankdisclaimer AT fnb.co DOT za and we will send you a copy of the
Disclaimer.