Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] No Job status returned from FD

2010-03-08 13:47:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] No Job status returned from FD
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: "Jacques Botha (FNB)" <JacquesB AT fnb.co DOT za>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 13:16:36 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Hi Jacques

This is your problem:

> 08-Mar 12:07 Bacula_Director JobId 15073: Max Volume jobs exceeded.
> Marking Volume "s1-callcentre-01.fnbconnect.co.za-full-1260" as Used.

That causes the job to be cancelled...

If you do a status in bconsole for that client, I am willing to be it responds
just fine.

You need to take a look at how your pools are configured.

That line is telling you that you have X jobs on the media, and the pool has
been configured to only allow X jobs on the media.   This media will not be
allowed to be used until all retention periods have expired.

Remember, that once you edit your Pool definition, you will need to execute a
reload command in bconsole, and then you will need to update yor tape(s) by
issuing the update, volume parameters, Volume from pool) or all volumes from
pool to update the media records.

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC