Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows 7 Client Backup

2010-03-09 02:36:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows 7 Client Backup
From: Koldo Santisteban <ksantisteban AT gmail DOT com>
To: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 08:33:53 +0100
Ntbackup does not exist on Windows Vista/2008 and 7...
Try using this command Wbadmin start systemstatebackup -backuptarget: <PATH>

ntbackup is changed with wbadmin, information regarding this command on http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770340%28WS.10%29.aspx

I hope this can help you
Regards!!

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 11:13 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net> wrote:
On 03/08/10 16:55, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> Am Mon, 08 Mar 2010 10:06:24 -0500 schrieb Phil Stracchino:
>> On 03/08/10 09:26, McCann, Brian wrote:
>>> Hi All.  I'm having a hard time finding a solution to this...but I'm
>>> sure there is one.  When all my desktops were on Windows XP, I used the
>>> "Client Run Before Job" command to run ntbackup to make a system state
>>> backup to grab the registry and all those other goodies.  For the life
>>> of me, I can't find the equivalent tool on Windows 7.  Has anyone
>>> figured this out yet?
>>
>> It's my understanding that this is no longer necessary if using VSS. Can
>> anyone confirm?
>
> IMHO the system state backup is still needed for a complete recovery.VSS
> itself is just a snapshot method to get a consistent state of files.

Surely by now there has to be some better way to JUST dump and restore
the registry.  This problem has existed ever since ... was it Windows
3.x or Windows 95?

--
 Phil Stracchino, CDK#2     DoD#299792458     ICBM: 43.5607, -71.355
 alaric AT caerllewys DOT net   alaric AT metrocast DOT net   phil AT co.ordinate DOT org