Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Some beginner Bacula questions

2010-03-05 16:09:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] Some beginner Bacula questions
From: Stuart McGraw <smcg4191 AT frii DOT com>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 13:50:09 -0700
Hello all,

I am new at Bacula and am trying to work out a ]
reasonable scheme for backing up my home network.
I had some questions I hope someone can answer...

1) Sometimes my Bacula server machine is down at
   the scheduled backup time.  No problem, I just
   kick of the backup jobs manually the next morning.
   Is there some way to start all the jobs as though
   the time was last night?  Right now I start each
   of the five client jobs, and the catalog job
   individually.  (I was a little surprised there
   is not something like a JobSet resource for
   aggregating several jobs into one schedulable
   unit.)

2) I write each job to a separate (file) backup volume
   (to be written to DVD later).  Is there any point
   to writing .bsr files?  They are for locating a
   particular job within a volume that contains multiple
   jobs, yes?

3) Is there any supported way to change the labels of
   existing (file) volumes?  I have changed the label
   format several times and don't want to wait until
   some of the old volumes expire after a year to get
   rid of the volumes with "weird" names.

Thanks for any information/advice.