Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Beginner Question

2010-03-01 18:24:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Beginner Question
From: "Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders AT cyber-office DOT net>
To: Doug Forster <dforster AT part DOT net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 15:22:26 -0800
Doug Forster wrote:

Thanks for the info Dave.

> Rod,
>
> A method you could do to accomplish this task is to do the following:
> 1. Setup Bacula on the server on the lan.
> 2. Run backups to local disk volumes.
> 3. On the final backup run a run after script/command to copy all
> volumes of data to a remote site.
> Note: I believe there is something about spooling data on local disk
> before writing to the storage device. You may not even need to have a
> script that pushes this data.
>
> Something you want to keep in mind is that you want to have your backup
> server in the location where you have a many to one relationship.
> The Bacula is split into 3 items which have various communication
> needs.

This I feared.  Not as simple I as I'd hoped.  The site I'm looking it
at currently copies several directories to an 'extra' hard drive, builds
an ISO then burns it to a CD-RW (less than 640 MByte).  Business owner
would like a simple off site backup option.

I will dive into the documentation and see how I can make it work.

Again thanks.

\\||/
Rod