Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Beginner Question

2010-03-01 16:32:04
Subject: [Bacula-users] Beginner Question
From: "Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders AT cyber-office DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 13:29:12 -0800
Well actually I haven't even installed yet but wanted to see if what I
want to do is doable.

Searching/reading through the manual and website didn't turn up an
answer so I'm guessing I'm using the wrong terms.

I would like to "push" the backup to a non-LAN machine.  This would be
from a file server on the LAN with the back up on "backup" server at a
remote site.

In my reading I did see mention of using a ssh tunnel but as I
understand from the documentation there are parts of bacula that need to
initiate the contact with the client being backed up.  The director?
(More reading in my future.)

So if this makes any sense at all could some one clue me with the right
terms I need to look for?

TIA,
Rod