Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula version 5.0.1 compile error on Fedora 12

2010-03-01 20:15:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula version 5.0.1 compile error on Fedora 12
From: Scott Barninger <scott AT barninger DOT com>
To: "Bacula-Users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:12:23 -0500
Hello all,

I installed Fedora 12 recently and tried to build for this release. This was
the result:

Compiling guid_to_name.c
crypto.c: In function 'ASN1_OCTET_STRING* openssl_cert_keyid(X509*)':
crypto.c:333: error: invalid conversion from 'const X509V3_EXT_METHOD*'
to 'X509V3_EXT_METHOD*'
crypto.c: In function 'CRYPTO_SESSION* crypto_session_new(crypto_cipher_t,
alist*)':
crypto.c:1102: error: cannot convert 'unsigned char*' to 'EVP_PKEY_CTX*' for
argument '1' to 'int EVP_PKEY_encrypt(EVP_PKEY_CTX*, unsigned char*, size_t*,
const unsigned char*, size_t)'
crypto.c: In function 'crypto_error_t crypto_session_decode(const u_int8_t*,
u_int32_t, alist*, CRYPTO_SESSION**)':
crypto.c:1226: error: cannot convert 'unsigned char*' to 'EVP_PKEY_CTX*' for
argument '1' to 'int EVP_PKEY_decrypt(EVP_PKEY_CTX*, unsigned char*, size_t*,
const unsigned char*, size_t)'
make[1]: *** [crypto.lo] Error 1
^CExecuting(%install): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.v78FUL
make[1]: *** [fnmatch.lo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [guid_to_name.lo] Error 1
make: *** [all] Interrupt

There have been some other posts to the list on this subject so I wanted to
share what we know at this point. Fedora 12 is using openssh-1.0 beta which
unfortunately incorporates some incompatible changes to the library which are
breaking the build. Kern has been in touch with the openssl team and we will
be working on a patch to try to address this as soon as possible. In the
meantime we are recommending that you build without openssl support if you
want to upgrade. I will publish binary rpms this weekend without openssl
support for Fedora 12. You may also edit the spec file in the currently
published SRPM to remove openssl support by deleting the line --with-openssl
from the configure statement.

Regards,
Scott