Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Understanding "Action On Purge = Truncate"

2010-03-01 14:08:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] Understanding "Action On Purge = Truncate"
From: Marc Schiffbauer <marc AT schiffbauer DOT net>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:05:50 +0100
Hi all,

I am using bacula 5.0.1 and I am trying to use the new "Action On
Purge = Truncate" feature - without success so far :-/

Like I understood it: If i run a "purge volume=Ftp-0033" and
Action On Purge = Truncate is set for that pool, the SD should set
the file to 0 bytes on disk, right?

This is my pool ressource:

Pool {
  Name = FileFtp
  Storage = somehost-sd
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 4 months
  Action On Purge = Truncate
  Label Format = "FtpVol-"
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 1073639424
  Maximum Volumes = 50
}

+ I have updated the pool from the ressource.
  (update pool=...)

+ I have read the docs at
  http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/New_Features_in_5_0_1.html
  and tried the commands that are listed there which should truncate all
volumes
  with status "Purged":

  *update volume=Ftp-0033 ActionOnPurge=Truncate
  *purge volume action=truncate storage=FileFtp allpools

I tried several things but my disk files never get truncated when I
purge a volume.

This is the device ressource from the bacula-sd.conf:

Device {
  Name = FtpFileStorage
  Device Type = File
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /mnt/backup

  Requires Mount = Yes
  Mount Point = /mnt/backup
  Mount Command = "/usr/bin/curlftpfs -o allow_root [snip] %m"
  Unmount Command = "/usr/bin/fusermount -u %m"

  Label Media = Yes             # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
  Random Access = Yes
  Automatic Mount = Yes         # mount new volumes automatically
  Removable Media = No
}

Any hints someone?

What can I check? What might be wrong?

TIA
-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134