Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] trying (and failing) to get a Quantum Superloader 3 to work with Bacula

2010-02-14 08:19:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] trying (and failing) to get a Quantum Superloader 3 to work with Bacula
From: shouldbe q931 <shouldbeq931 AT googlemail DOT com>
To: Daniel Kamm <ylz AT ylz DOT ch>, Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 13:16:06 +0000
ooh, found this http://old.nabble.com/Bad-Autochanger-td15870476.html
and following the advice in the 2nd post from John M. Drescher

----------------------------------
If you believe the tape was successfully loaded in a slot then you
need to customize the mtx-changer script.

Look at the code

#     sleep 15
      wait_for_drive $device
      exit $rtn
      ;;

I would comment out wait_for_drive and replace it with sleep 120. Turn
on some debugging in the script so you can see what is happening.
----------------------------------
edited mtx-changer, ran autochanger again, and

*autochanger

Ah, I see you have an autochanger configured.
To test the autochanger you must have a blank tape
 that I can write on in Slot 1.

Do you wish to continue with the Autochanger test? (y/n): y

=== Autochanger test ===

3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded" command.
Slot 1 loaded. I am going to unload it.
3302 Issuing autochanger "unload 1 0" command.
unload status=OK 0
3303 Issuing autochanger "load 1 0" command.
3303 Autochanger "load 1 0" status is OK.
btape: btape.c:476 open device "Certance" (/dev/st0): OK
btape: btape.c:1562 Rewound "Certance" (/dev/st0)
btape: btape.c:1569 Wrote EOF to "Certance" (/dev/st0)

The test autochanger worked!!