Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem to load tape into the 2. Drive

2009-11-28 09:24:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem to load tape into the 2. Drive
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 15:21:32 +0100
Hi,

27.11.2009 10:18, Juergen Koch wrote:
> OK, I forget the versions:
>
> bacula-sd: 2.4.4
> bacula-dir 2.4.4

You should plan an upgrade, although 2.4 is still ok IMO.

> Juergen Koch schrieb:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I think, I do not have a problem in my configuration.

I think you do :-)

See below.

>> I can load tapes into drive two with the mtx-script.
>> The parameters, which are send the mount-command to the mtx-script
>> imply ever the /dev/nst0 and the drive-index 0.
>>
>> And bacule works fine with the first drive.
>>
>> My autochanger config:
>>
>> -------
>> #
>> # An autochanger device with two drives
>> #
>> Autochanger {
>>    Name = tl-01
>>    Device = tl-01-1
>>    Device = tl-01-2
>>    Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
>>    Changer Device = /dev/sg6
>> }
>>
>> Device {
>>    Name = tl-01-1                      #
>>    Drive Index = 0

This one is important.

By the way - using the /dev/nstX devices can lead to trouble when the
kernel assigns the names in a different order - and that *does* happen!

It's better to use udev and rules using e.g. the serial number to
create soft links, and then use the soft links in the SD configuration.

>>    Media Type = LTO-4
>>    Archive Device = /dev/nst0
>>    AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>>    AlwaysOpen = yes;
>>    RemovableMedia = yes;
>>    RandomAccess = yes;
>>    AutoChanger = yes
>>    # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
>>    Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
>> }
>>
>> Device {
>>    Name = tl-01-2                      #
>>    Drive Index = 1

Also ok.

>>    Media Type = LTO-4
>>    Archive Device = /dev/nst1
>>    AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>>    AlwaysOpen = yes;
>>    RemovableMedia = yes;
>>    RandomAccess = yes;
>>    AutoChanger = yes
>>    # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
>>    Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
>> }
>> ----
>>
>> The director-sd-config:
>>
>> ----
>>
>> # Definition of LTO tape storage device
>> Storage {
>>    Name = tl-01
>>    #Do not use "localhost" here
>>    Address = backup                # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
>>    SDPort = 9103
>>    Password = "xxx"          # password for Storage daemon
>>    Device = tl-01-1                      # must be same as Device in
>> Storage daemon
>>    Device = tl-01-2                      # must be same as Device in

Here's the mistake: You can only have one device here. Use the
autochanger device tl-01 instead of the single drives.

>> Storage daemon
>>    Media Type = LTO-4                  # must be same as MediaType in
>> Storage daemon
>>    Autochanger = yes                   # enable for autochanger device
>>    Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
>> }

That should be all that's required.

Cheers,

Arno

>> -----
>>
>> Juergen Koch
>>
>> Arno Lehmann schrieb:

>>> Looks like a bug to me, unless you misconfigured something inthe
>>> SD.conf. Post that autochangers configuration, and also mention the
>>> version you're using, and we might have some advice for you!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Arno

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann